Fields of research
- Decision Making
- Operations analysis
- High performing small teams
- Intelligence analysis
- Training, education and performance improvement
- Asking Good Questions, Freshwater Publishing, Adelaide, 2017.
- Applied Thinking for Intelligence Analysis, Air Power Development Centre, Canberra, 2014.
- Dirk Maclean and Charles Vandepeer, ‘Military Intelligence: Expectations and Challenges’, in Daniel Baldino and Rhys Crawley (Eds.), Intelligence and the function of government, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 2018.
Selected Conference Papers & Journal Articles
Links are provided to papers that are available publicly
Culture, People and Technology
- Culture, Technology and People: Lessons from the application of Air Power and Joint Operations in Conflict, Paper presented at the Inaugural Sir James Rowland Air Power Seminar, Air Power and National Security: the Strategic Dimension, October 2016.
- Charles Vandepeer, Terry Moon & Garth De Visser, ‘Linking Missions to Scenarios for Analysis of Military Macro-Systems’, OR Insight, April 2012.
- Improving intelligence capabilities in resource-constrained environments, Presentation to AIPIO National Intelligence Forum: Leadership and Intelligence, November 2016.
- Charles Vandepeer, ‘Intelligence and Knowledge Development: What are the questions intelligence analysts ask?’, Intelligence & National Security, March 2018: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02684527.2018.1454029?journalCode=fint20
- ‘Question-Asking in Intelligence Analysis: Competitive Advantage or Lost Opportunity?’, Air & Space Power Journal – A&F, United States Air Force Air University, December 2016.
- What are the Questions Intelligence Professionals Ask?, Paper presented at the International Studies Association 57th Annual Convention, Atlanta, USA, March 2016.
- Integrating Operational Intelligence Across Nations, Paper presented to the University of Oklahoma, Center for Intelligence & National Security Colloquium, Oklahoma, USA, September 2016.
- Intelligence Analysis and Threat Assessment, Conference Proceedings, Australian Security & Intelligence Conference, 2011.